My Commitment to Safe Practice
I’m delighted to tell you that I am taking bookings for acupuncture from the 13th July!
I want to share with you the procedures I will be implementing to minimise the risk of COVID-19, to keep you as safe as possible. I have been guided by the British Acupuncture Council whose information complies with Government and NHS advice.
This is a time of such uncertainty, and I hope that by sharing the following information you will feel safe enough to come for your treatment.
What I will do:
- I have completed risk assessments to ensure enhanced levels of cleaning, handwashing and hygiene.
- I will remove all non-essential items from the treatment room.
- The treatment room and all communal areas will be cleaned thoroughly, disinfected and ventilated before and after each appointment.
- I will screen each person on the day of treatment. No one with symptoms of COVID-19 will be allowed in the clinic.
- I will be wearing PPE as recommended in the guidance.
What I will ask you to do:
- Please wear a mask or face covering (I have some masks that you can purchase for £1 if you forget).
- Please wash your hands before entering the treatment room. Hand-washing facilities will be provided.
- I will give you a call to answer screening questions on the day of your treatment, and if you are free of symptoms I will ask you to sign a COVID-19 consent form when you arrive (please bring a pen). If you have any symptoms we can reschedule.
- If you subsequently develop COVID-19 symptoms, please let me know as quickly as possible.
- If you are coming for your very first treatment, I will arrange to do the initial consultation via phone, Zoom or Skype. Please get in touch for more information.
It all sounds very formal, and slightly daunting! We all just want to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe. I hope that by sharing my procedures with you, you will feel reassured that I am doing all that I can to keep you safe whilst you are in my care. If you have any questions or just want to talk anything through, please do contact me. I cannot wait to start treating you!